We have already discussed the factors to consider before opting for streaming or download but to this must be added the technological problem that in some cases you will have to install additional software or plugins while in others case you will only have to visualize your content without confusing.
What is the difference between "Streaming" and "Downloading"?
The advantages or disadvantages of one or the other come precisely in their diffusion difference and the resources they need to function.
Let's see how it all works
Method 1: Streaming Continuous Playback
" Streaming " or streaming means that the video is sent directly to your browser.
- Streaming Video Playback Mode : Playback happens right there in a tab. Most modern sites use HTML5 video to stream, but some of the older ones require Flash Player. The former works on all devices, while the latter is only for laptops and PCs. The advantage is that all browsers are equipped to play HTML5 movies. No additional steps are required, it works right out of the box. It makes things really easy.
- Advantages of Streaming : The major advantage is that when you want to watch free movies online, you will just have to go directly to your favorite search engine and try to find what you are looking for. This will usually take you to a site where you can watch free movies directly in your online browser. Many people prefer this method but consider its alternative.
- Disadvantages of Streaming : Several disadvantages are known to streaming but the biggest drawback of streaming is that you need to have a good Internet connection to broadcast content without a lot of " buffering " that make your video cut each time to load a new part of the content to broadcast. In some cases, you will also be required to install bridgers to view a complete movie streaming.
Method 2: Download
The " download " means that you wait for the entire file to be transferred to your PC, laptop, mobile phone, Playstation ... whatever. This means that while downloading the file, you can not view it.
- Mode of reading videos : the reading is done by the native reader of your device (Computer, Smartphone, Playstation, ...) and thus generally supports several codecs that those integrated in your web browser.
- Advantages of downloading : Although you may want to give several advantages to download, the only real benefit of downloading is that you can watch movies offline. No matter where you go, whether there is a connection or not, if you had downloaded your movie or music in advance, you will follow it without any problem.
- Disadvantages of downloading : several disadvantages are charged to the download including the risk of downloading a malware on your device. Apart from that, here also in some cases, you need to install additional software needed for the download. You must also wait until the download is complete to view your video, even if some software gives you the opportunity to start watching as they download.
Should I watch streaming or download videos on the Internet?
In view of all the clarifications that we have made on these two methods of consuming data on the internet, our answer should be quite simple:
" If you know that you have a good start to the Internet and no limitation on bandwidth consumption, you should always watch streaming videos instead of downloading them "
But if you have doubts about the availability or the bandwidth of your internet connection, you have to opt for the alternative and therefore the download.